Sunday, May 30, 2010

Dream Weight

How much will you sacrifice for your dream? and how much will you sacrifice to support others dreams?

I saw a Japan tv program about how much both parents believed in their children's dream and they sacrifices money and time together just to give their children the right education in order to pursue her dream. Imagine a japanese mother bringing along two kids to Austria without any dutch language skills just because she believed in her daughter violin skills and wanted her to get the best training and education, and so does her son. and the poor husband staying alone in Japan to work and earn a living for them.

It struck me to see how much a dream weight for them. They can go this far and sacrifice so much just because they believed in dream. They pictured a future in this dream and they are living it now to fulfill it. Tears kept falling from my eyes as i am ashamed that i lost my passion and my dream. All i can think of now is graduating, finding a job and earn money. This might sound like other people's dream but i know this isn't mine. I am sad because i didn't have the courage to fight for my dream, i felt so pathetic to go with the flow, suddenly i don't know who am i anymore. When you realize the dream you once had has been forgotten by yourself felt so empty and sad.

Though i think its too late to make things bend my way again, i just hope that from now i can pick up my broken pieces of dream one by on and try to fix it again. It might not be perfect anymore, it might not look as shinning as before, but still i know this is me and this is what i want. I am not blaming my parents for not believing in my and the weight of my dream seems to light to them, but i know they have other faith in me. And i learned that, how much it hurts for not believing in a child's dream. i know i won't do it to my children. My child's dream's weight will hold a heavy place in my heart and i will try my best to let them fulfill it.

No comments: